Thursday, February 28, 2008

THINGS THAT IRK ME FRIDAY

What better way to throw the shackles of the past weeks miseries off than to vent on the icky stuff that went down. The stuff that has irritated me this week is..

  • Paying way too much for getting my hair done- Happily I scrounged that money together for my blondness. Does anyone else think that $136 dollars seems like a lot of money for say 12 foils and a toner??? I'm scared to look at my bank account.
  • Flu- I've had the dreaded lurgy all week. Icky. I hate runny noses and not being able to go to the gym. It makes me feel useless :-(
  • Crowded buses and traffic jams- Having to stand for an extended bus rides due to traffic, all the while with giant folder in aching hand and bag on an arm that may be about to snap off. The bus swaying side to side and that guy in the business suit 'accidental' brushing up against my ass. UGH! Not a nice way to start the day.
  • People who walk slowly when you're in a hurry- Pretty self explanatory.
  • Nosey shop assistants- Going way beyond the salesgirl who keeps asking if you're alright for sizes in the trendy clothes store, when you have way-too-small jeans around your knees, A Coles check-out lady actually had the audacity to comment on my weight as I was buying groceries yesterday. Whilst minding my own, reaching for my ATM card I was horrified to hear "You-a lost lots of-a weight. Very skinny! Tsk tsk" accompanied by a disapproving look. Maybe I meant to lose 'lots of-a weight' Maria. Or maybe not. Either way, NONE OF YOUR BEESWAX!
  • Waxing Rash- Every time I attempt to wax my lip I get a bad rash. These little white heads pop up and it is the absolute bane of my existence. I've either got a moustache or acne lip! I can't win! I got a big fat pimply rash on Wednesday when I waxed and its causing me grief.

and lastly...

  • Being in career limbo- I'm stuck between about 4 different professional pathways at the moment and it's doing my head in. I don't know what the logical next step to take is and I'm wondering why I can't decide on one and be content? It's disconcerting when things aren't clear. Soon clarity will shine hopefully.

HERE'S TO THE WEEKEND KIDDIES! I've got a German themed party to go to. WHOO HOO for Bier Wenches!

No comments: